People's Park, Shanghai

Travel Diary : Whimsical Rides & The Merry Go Round
 “Then the carousel started, and I watched her go round and round...All the kids tried to grap for the gold ring, and so was old Phoebe, and I was sort of afraid she's fall off the goddam horse, but I didn't say or do anything. The thing with kids is, if they want to grab for the gold ring, you have to let them do it, and not say anything. If they fall off, they fall off, but it is bad to say anything to them.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher In The Rye

I still remember that vivid memory of my childhood,  I was about 11 when my parents took me to the theme park. All that colourful inviting rides, a few things caught my eyes immediately and one of them was
"The Merry Go Round"
It's so magical, all the animals especially my favourite mythological creature-Pink Unicorns rotating slowly - going up and down following the wonderful musics. Children will wave to their parents every time around.
The kids face expressions - priceless!
But Because During that age I was a "Tomboy" and I just wanted to try on every big cool rides with my brothers just to prove them I'm one of the boys. I just had to let my Merry go.
 That was the very first time I said no to The Merry Go Round.
Of course years later I had couple of opportunities to try but "I'm Too Old" was the reason I gave myself again and again.
But how can one live their childhood without being on the Merry Go Round?
Well lucky me this time, Jonna and I bumped into this lovely amusement park in the middle of People's Park, Shanghai.
Even Though It was just a small one, they have all the important rides needed, and Of course The Merry Go Round!!
I was still thinking on whether I should try it? Well look at the small animals.. can they support my weights? Haha but Jonna managed to convince me to just try it. We are in China anyway, so who cares!! 
After that wonderful ride, I must admit it was one of my wonderful experience! Even it took me 15 years it is still worth it! It feels so magical to be on The Merry Go Round!

We tried couple more rides afterwards, we had fun being a child again! 
When was the last time you play with bubbles?? 

Well I forgot to share with you what we had for lunch, we ate yummy spicy crayfish nearby our place and of course fried rice.
They gave us plastic gloves but it feels weird to wear them, so we ate the crayfish with bare hands like a normal human. :)

Another day well spent while in Shanghai. 
What is your favourite ride in Amusement Park??


People's Park
Address: 231 Nanjing W Rd, Huangpu, 
Shanghai, China
Transportation : Take Metro Line 2 and get down at People's Square station.

XOXO, Shereen


8 comments:

  1. Oh man I would love to visit a fun park like this - so much fun

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with your outfit! It's so well put together. these pictures are so beautiful!
    and The food looks tempting and appetising.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had crayfish and that looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love amusement parks! Beautiful photos ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...